Friday 3 March 2017

Collaborative reflections on our week

Today the grade 4's excelled at collaborating by sharing (thanks Miles!) and simultaneously writing on a single document. Once they all had access to the Class Blog Post doc the grade 4's got down to reflecting on the highlights of their week (Twilight Sports featured heavily!). Whilst they were writing independently and successfully, the grade 3's and I discussed and wrote down what was the stand out parts of school and learning this week. Here they are below...


Miles - In week five we (the whole school) participated in twilight sport. I did the discus and came first  I also did shuttle relay. Green team, for the first time in 8 years won.  I reckon we all had fun and  at the end of the events I felt like dying.
In maths we learnt about time and measurement. On tuesday we got pancakes for shrove tuesday.
Frances - During week 5 we had twilight sports. We had 800 meters and discuss. I am very happy for the team that won which was green team! The grade 4’s did 100 meters 200 meters. Some grade 4’s joined the 800 meters. Some people even got into circular relay!
On Tuesday it  was Shrove Tuesday also known as pancake Tuesday.
On Wednesday it was Ash Wednesday. In the morning we went to Mass and every one got ash on their head.
Declan- During week 5 was a very exciting week with sports night on. I was competing in circular relay and 800 meter race. Blue came third, red came second and green came first. It was a very intense night. Red were winning by forty seven and green got a lucky 50 points and red came second by three points. I came second on the 800 meter and red won the year 4 circular relay. I got 6 ribbons and everyone had a fun time at the bill stewards track. After on thursday we painted our art. The theme of our art was kings, queens, jacks and jokers from playing cards. On wednesday it was the start of lent. We went to mass for ash wednesday. Now I gave up 4 things. I gave up youtube, XBox, Desserts and lollies. In class we did tweets about our habits of mind. My one was Creativity - When conor and I make science projects together. On tuesday we had shrove tuesday(Before lent) and we all got a pancake. On my pancake I had lemon and sugar. Now it friday and we are having sport with the seniors and we are practising for inter school athletics and I am really excited about it so much because all of my siblings have been in it and they've said it is really fun doing athletics with your friends and doing events with them. I can't wait to do this. On wednesday we have had sport and we did something called red rover. The game was when the non tiggers said” Red rover red rover can we com over” and the tigger would say “ yes but you
Patrick - During week 5 we have been doing a lot. On Thursday we did art and we painted our kings and queens. On monday we did twilight sports. I was doing 800m I came 3rd. Green team came first. for the 100m sprint and 200 sprint Hamish and Campbell I came first both 100 and 200. On the break of sports night their was a toddler race I can’t remember who won. For maths we did length and time. On wednesday we had ash wednesday. On tuesday we had pancake tuesday. Pancake tuesday is a time to celebrate before lent. It is a way to use up all the eggs and other ingredients before lent.For music we are learning about using our voices. For sport we were doing a variety of things. For lent I have given up PS4.  James got hurt before sports night. He was one of the Captains but we won the sports night. The people who won the Father Staunton race was green and blue. Overall it was a great week. In class we were doing habits of mind and we tweeted our learning on twitter. Here is an example for habits of mind Responsibility - Telling the truth. Now today we are doing sports with the seniors to practice for inter school athletics. On thursday I found out my tv system is ending so we brought a new tv service. On thursday we had soccer we lost 11 to 2. On saturday we have basketball and we are in the finals. Yesterday for maths we did a weather graph. I am looking forward to going to inter school athletics because it looks really fun doing athletics with my friends
Chantelle-This Week it has been so exciting. One of the things was on Monday we had to practice for sports night.On sports night there were 800m, discus, long jump, shot put and best of all the TODDLER RACE! The teams were Red, Blue and Green. The team that won was Green, second Red and third Blue. It was so fun that night. The next day people were so tired, that we got free time until 10.o'clock. After that we did Literacy which was reading groups and literacy tasks.
Caitlin - This week St Luke’s had twilight sports. We had to practise for two weeks. The teams were red, green and blue. We could choose if we wanted to do 800 meters run or discus as an extra sport. I did discus and I came 1st out of the grade 4 girls. I did shot put, long jump, 100 meter sprints, 200 meter sprints tunnel ball and over Under tunnel ball. Overall green came first (my team) and everyone in green was so excited. Red came second and blue came third. It was a fun night and I can’t wait till next year.        
Joel - During the week we did sports night, sume kids did the 800m sprint and some kids did the Discus, some of the grade 4s had to do the circular relaly.
Simon
On Monday  the whole school did twilight sports. Declan, Frances, Patrick and I did the 800 meters and I came 1st Delan 2nd Patrick 3rd and Frances Fourth. At the end I felt like I was dead and I am pretty sure  that everybody felt like me.Some  grade 4s  did circular relay.  I had to race against Cormac and Joel but I won in the end.
At the end of sports night green team won, red was second and blue came third. I got 4 blue ribbons as in 1st   and 1 red  ribbon as in second. I was meant to get 800 m ribbon( blue) but I did not for some reason.
Sophie- On monday everyone did twilight sports. First we did marching and after we did a race I came second next I did tunnel ball and my team won. T hen it was the grade 3 turn and after we did I forgot what it was  called but you throw a ball and see where it lands I came 3rd place then everybody had a break and ate i had sushi and also my sister had sushi too.


Grade 3’s -
Joshua: This week has been a fun week because we had pancake tuesday.
Tilly: I had my first keyboard lesson and I learnt 2 new songs.
Scarlett: We had sports night and some people did 800 metre races and discuss.
Maddie W: On tuesday we had pancake day. It’s a special day before Lent and you get to celebrate before Lent.
Oscar: This week we have been learning about Length and height and I discovered that some of the same things can be different heights
Celia: On Wednesday it was Ash Wednesday and we went to church and got the sign of the cross on our heads.
Maddie K: This week has been a special week, because we had twilight sports, pancake Tuesday and Ash Wednesday.
Georgie: Tilly and I had our keyboard lesson together this week and I learnt how to play Hot Cross Buns.
Emma: On Sports night green team won (my team!) and at the end, Jake did a lovely speech.
Nick: I came first 4 times at Twilight Sports . They were for 100m running, 200 metre running, tunnel ball and over/under.
Dan: I had my 4th guitar lesson this week and I learnt another song, called “Everybody Dance Now”
Ryan: At Twilight sport I came last in my races but I didn’t care. In tunnel ball, my team came 2nd and then in over/under we came first.
Eve: Sports night was a big night and I was very tired during it and after. It was really fun because everyone got involved in it and no-one missed out.
Victoria: This week we have been learning about measuring and Time. We also put the weather into a graph.
Inti: This week was my dad’s birthday and we celebrated by going on holiday together with my family

Do you have any examples of times you collaborate with others in a similar way at work or school?

1 comment:

  1. Hi guys, I loved reading all about your week. As usual you managed to cram a lot into one week. Are you all looking forward to relaxing this weekend?
    Natalie Blair

    ReplyDelete

Our Term 3 Learning about Australian History

Name Reflection on the learning of history this term and our presentations today Tara This morning in Middle S ...