Friday 22 August 2014

Ways that we connect to reading

Ms Scott - I read books and websites that help me understand and train my dogs
Jamie - When I'm out in the city and I see billboards and advertising, I connect to reading because I might have seen that advertisement in a magazine
Cooper - I connect to reading when I see something and it reminds me of a book
Jenny - I like to read with my bunnies because it is fun
Natasha - I connect to reading by reading instructions to make something
Grace - By reading something a character did and then I do it in real life because it looks cool
Oscar - When I read a book and the character says something, I might say that to some one else because it sounds really cool or funny
Aerodyne - When I google stuff and then I use the facts to make power points
Angelo - I connect to reading when I'm watching a movie and I've heard of someone who's made a book of that reading
Jack - When I pick up an interesting book, I connect to reading
Ryan - I connect to reading by reading a book and it reminds me of something that has happened to me or that I have done in real life
Molly - When I see a ballet poster I connect to reading because I think of the time when I went to the ballet
James - I connect to reading when I see a movie and then I read the book that it was made from, like The Hobbit
Jake - I connect to reading when I read the blurb of the book which gives me a head start on what the book is about
Jacob - I connect to reading when I read something and then see it in real life

Here's the slideshow of how we, and others at school, connect to reading...


2 comments:

  1. I connect to reading when I read about some food in a magazine or on the web and then I want to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great comments guys, when you really think about our day in full, we read so much, not just books. I really loved all the thought that was put into your costumes.Keep up the good work,
    Natalie Blair

    ReplyDelete

Our Term 3 Learning about Australian History

Name Reflection on the learning of history this term and our presentations today Tara This morning in Middle S ...